I happily announce that my son and I have found a good rhythm for our days. We are both happy, productive (enough) and not constantly at loggerheads. Our days are dare I say, pretty joyful.
So taking a page from “My Giant Strawberries” here is my Joy List:
- Homemade chocolate waffles with fresh strawberries
- The two new swim shirts Santa brought me (so much better than my last one which stretched out horribly after a few weeks of wear)
- 90° pool water on a 114° day (yes it really was 114° on the last day of spring and no that is not normal, even for Tucson!)
- Getting in our outing last week before the really bad heat settled in. We went to the park, Goodwill, Viv’s Cafe and the library. I scored some good finds at Goodwill including an eight CD Christmas set and a lovely cardigan to give me hope for cooler weather (in like four or five months).
- A good stack of library books
- My hot pink toenails
- Banana splits for dinner on Father’s Day (it was 114° afterall)
- Rewatching the “Sex and the City” series from the beginning
- A nice mix of comedies, dramas and war movies on the DVR
- An exciting NBA Finals, especially game 7. Congrats to the city of Cleveland, I am very happy for you.
- And finally this cute little bin I bought at Target to organize clothes:
Hey, it is officially summer! Happy Summer Everyone!