Normally this time of year I get very homesick for a Northeast fall. This year I am focusing on what I do have as opposed to what I don’t. Though the temperature is still well into the 90’s during the day I have been able to make it feel like autumn (at least inside my head).
- There is a hint of coolness in the morning and evenings, enough so that I have resumed taking the dog on longer walks. This has led me to find some autumn color, desert style.
- The inside of my house all decorated for autumn.
- Football season! College marching bands at halftime are the best!
- Pumpkin chili and pumpkin beef stew made in the crockpot. The pumpkin adds a wonderful creamy thick texture.
- Taking pumpkin oatmeal spice bars to bowling.
- Using wax scents to make my house smell like autumn despite the a/c still being on.
- Cooking a pork roast in the crockpot also makes a home smell autumnal.
- Some promising new cookie recipes that will be on the healthy side but still taste of fall.
- Working on the outlining of my autumn needlepoint tissue box cover.
- Adding a Trader Joe’s harvest tea bag to my pitcher of iced tea.
- Trader Joe’s pumpkin soup crackers, with a bit of cream cheese, crazy yummy!
- Starting to wear my “fall wardrobe”. Not flannel and sweaters alas, but capris and cropped jeans and autumn colors. I got two new pairs of LL Bean cropped jeans in pale spruce and vintage blue….love them!
Happy First Day of Autumn!!