We are finishing up the last full week of summer vacation from school. Woo-Hoo! (That would be the introvert in me woo-hooing, the parenting side is of course not looking forward to the battles about to be embarked on.) And of course vacation may be over but summer will continue for many weeks.
Further analysis revealed four hours of computer time was three hours too many so we revised the Computer Use Guidelines. And now I am responsible for more entertainment of small child. So I have been doing exciting things like:
- Visiting the Legoland Discovery Center in Tempe, Az
- Not nearly as bad as I feared. Two large groups were there but really not nearly as crowded as I had imagined. I had about an hour where E was playing in the climbing gym and I got to read my book. We had lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe beforehand and just missed the worst of a monsoon storm on the drive home.
- Golf ‘n Stuff
- A Groupon deal helped make this more affordable. We played 18 holes of Putt Putt Golf ( hole in one’s: son – 3, mom-0, sad) and then spent some time in the arcade. I am a sucker for skeeball and played (really badly) some pinball as well.
- Apple Annie’s in Willcox
- Apple and peach picking which led to making peach jam. Again, avoided the rain and enjoyed the cooler temperatures.
- Sabino Canyon (not)
- On Sunday night we were all feeling rather blah from the humidity. We knew there had been a lot of rain in the mountains and thought we’d walk over and check out the creek. But the park was closed. We found out the next day there were 35 people stranded on the other side of the creek and shortly after we were turned away they started rescuing them by helicopter. In my defense I never had any intention of crossing the creek. We came home and went swimming in our pool.
Photo courtesy of the Pima County Sheriff’s Department Normally there is no water running across the road, there is a tram that uses this road multiple times a day, except when it rains like crazy!
- The Carpet Store
- Yes, that really is the name. We have the brand and type selected, now we have to pick a color. We had it narrowed down to two but the sun was shining for a few moments one day and we could actually see the colors so now it is narrowed down to three. They are coming to measure on Friday afternoon and I swear I will have a color picked by then. Getting new carpet for the upstairs is one of my 2017 Ambitions.
- “Captain Underpants” – the movie
- This is on deck for later this week. I am looking forward to popcorn and hearing my son laugh.
- Bug Spring Trail
- Hoping to do this hike in the Santa Catalina Mountains Saturday morning, weather permitting. About 4 1/2 miles long we will take two vehicles so we only have to hike one way. Hoping to get an early start and beat the heat/rain. Planning on taking a breakfast picnic: deviled eggs, muffins and fruit.
It is official, wettest July in Tucson ever. This after the hottest June in Tucson ever. Sigh.