I didn’t do an update post for June, nothing much happened that month. We were on vacation the first 10 days and then there was the adjustment to school being out. I did read “10% Happier” by Dan Harris and began to think about how I could use meditation to battle my sugar craving hormones. July has been more productive.
- I did a 10 day sugar detox which has helped me stop snacking.
- I am getting much better about eating all my CSA vegetables. Chocolate beet cake counts, right? (Of course it was before the sugar detox!)
- I survived a 19 day period and a lot of hot flashes. Combined with triple digit heat and humidity and insane hormonal swings (I cry at everything: The Cubs hit into a double play, tears. Someone bakes a beautiful cake on the Great British Baking show, tears. It is nuts!) survival was something of a miracle.
- I am doing a good job of meditating and deep breathing every day.
- My frozen shoulder is being difficult. I am still doing my PT almost everyday but I can tell when the hormones are surging because my range of motion decreases and I have more pain.
- We went camping for a week in the rainy mountains and I loved the cooler air.
- I deactivated my Facebook account. It was a real time suck and didn’t make me feel particularly happy.
- I realized I want to spend less time on the computer, took a blogging break and decided to revamp my blog. (Still a work in progress)
- Signed up for an 8 week on-line writing course that starts fortuitously the day after school resumes for my son. I hope this makes me happier, right now the thought of it is making me anxious. What if I fail?
- Embraced the fact that I like listening to the Cubs on the radio more than watching them on tv. I do coloring and needlepoint or fix dinner while listening to the games on-line.
- I bought a new car but kept my beloved Saab. We stumbled on a 2017 Subaru Crosstrek Limited with only 6k miles. Buying it was kind of a no brainer. Icy Metallic Silver is the color, a perfect name in the desert heat.
- A bouquet of zinnia’s from the farmer’s market. Such a wonderful variety of colors! Sorry I didn’t take a picture.
I haven’t taken many pictures of her yet, it has been way too hot! Here she is on her first road trip to Willcox.
There you have it, July in a nutshell. I like to think I am a little healthier and a little happier. Yeah me!