- I went low carb and lost five pounds the first week. This is an eating habit I believe I can do long term. I am going with 30g of net carbs while still trying to lose a few more pounds but after that I am thinking 50g net carb with the occasional meal off. Oddly enough the thing I miss most is fruit but I am not missing all the junk food. For me I think I need to avoid carbs in general and not just sugar to beat the cravings.
- I am doing a great job of trying to meditate everyday, even if just for 10 minutes. As for actually meditating successfully….hopefully in time. I have been exploring Insight Timer and find it helps. I have one timer set up that I do in the afternoons and have been trying different guided meditations in the morning or at bedtime.
- Feet to the fire. Weight 141.8 lbs. I swam 23 days in August and did yoga 23 days. Not bad.
- On the menopausal front another crazy month. No period but ferocious hot flashes continued the first half of the month before tapering in both intensity and frequency. Then I started sleeping through the night and actually felt pretty good the rest of the month. I certainly had more energy and felt way less foggy. Gives me hope for the future.
- I am so glad I signed up for an on-line writing class. I am thrilled to be learning again!
- I changed from bowling Thursday nights to Tuesday mornings. I think this schedule will suit me much better.
- I have finally found the rhythm to my days I have been searching for. I no longer feel compelled to stick to a strict routine but plan one day at a time. I am finding everything still gets done and many chores seem easier. I am listening to my physical and mental needs and life is good.