Our spring break trip to Santa fe was pretty low key. In truth we slept a lot. My son was in a growth spurt, spouse had a cold and I was my normal hormonally unstable self. We went to bed early and got up late most days. Halfway through the trip I realized I was okay with a trip that involved a lot of resting, especially since I had been to Santa Fe before. I thought about all the traveling and wonderful adventures I have had in the past and how it would make a great “Good Things” travel edition list. And then I decided it really need a few photos and it was so hard to narrow down so it is also like a Photo Friday post. So here we go:
- I have been to 48 of our 50 states. Only North Dakota and Mississippi left.
- Countries: Canada, South Korea, Oman, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, France, England, Egypt and of course the United States. ( I decided not to count airports in Ireland, Spain and Japan.)
- I have eaten lobster and blueberry pie in Maine, she-crab soup in Baltimore, deep dish pizza in Chicago and steaks cooked over an open wood fire in the south of France.
- I have been white water rafting, sky diving and zip lining.
- I drove the entire Going-to-the-Sun Road through Glacier National Park one fourth of July weekend. In a convertible with the top down and the heat on no less.
- I have seen Mt. Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, Yosemite National Park and “Old Faithful” erupt at Yellowstone.
- Let’s not forget the sequoias and giant redwood trees in California
- I’ve dipped a toe in the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico and Lake Ontario.
- I have been to professional baseball, football, basketball and hockey games and a few Nascar races.
- I have been to a Broadway show in NYC (Rent).
- I have ridden the Polar Express to the “North Pole”.
- I have strolled through the Tate Modern in London, the Georgia O’Keefe museum in Santa Fe, the recreated home of Zane Grey and the CM Russell museum in Great Falls.
- I have ridden the rides at Disney Land, Disney World, Worlds of Fun (Kansas City) and Hershey Park.
- I spent Christmas in England one year.
- I’ve ridden Amtrak from Chicago to Tucson.
- I have been to the DMZ (de-militarized zone) between North and South Korea (Panmunjom) and even into some of the tunnels dug during the war. (Those guys were short!)
- I have seen the pyramids and Sphinx in Egypt.
- I have been to the site of the western most battle of the Civil War, Picacho Peak, AZ.
This list is not all inclusive, more of a highlights reel. I still have a few places I want to visit and things I want to do. But I will save that for another post.