Today is my Birthday! Yes, Happy Birthday to me!
It is no secret that autumn, by far, is my favorite season. I love everything about it! Just recently I realized that I am in the “autumn” of my life:
- still colorful, if a bit muted
- happy to take things a little slower, but not interested in a full stop
- content to go to bed with my book at night
- small, quiet moments fill my heart with joy
- I love savoring life with all five senses
- learning (finally) that it is not hard to be happy
- the satisfaction of my life is secure in my heart
To celebrate, today I am treating myself to a trip to the movie theater to see “Downton Abbey”. I have opted to go alone (and skip the pain of spouse and child complaining) and during the day. This leaves the evening free for said spouse and child to plan dinner and cake.
The movie theater is in the mall, I bought a ticket on-line and have my reserved seat. I may stop at the candy store in the mall and pick out a few sweet nibbles. I am a planner, no leaving ticket availability to chance! So I am all set to enjoy my day.
(In case you were wondering I believe the “winter” of my life will start somewhere between 70 and 75 years of age.) I hope you are enjoying whatever season of life you are in!