I have been waffling about what to do with my blog. I know you are supposed to focus on one area, post on a regular schedule, blah blah blah. I have been an orderly rule follower my whole life and now in my dotage I have decided to be capricious. I have decided to post randomly about whatever I so desire. So there, take that world.
We start with a random Monday Joy List…
- I am glad I am not really in my dotage!
- Books, always. I am currently reading “The Great Alone” by Kristin Hannah. It is not an easy read emotionally, a very dark subject but I have hope for an uplifting ending.
- Our pool temperature is still quite warm, about 88° making swimming a pleasure each evening.
- Go CUBS Go! I really enjoy listening to the games on the radio and “treat” myself on Sundays to watching the game on tv.
- I am learning so much from my on-line writing class. Why didn’t I do this years ago?
- My son is going to a new school this year and they got a grant to set up a lunch program and for this year all the kids get to eat for free. Not having to make a lunch everyday…priceless. Apparently there is such a thing as a free lunch. (Of course next year it will probably cost a fortune but I won’t think about that today.)
- I reorganized and gave my office a good cleaning. I am spending a lot of time in here these days.
- I swapped out my wax scents. Just a little thing but it brings me joy.
- I have been buying little bouquets of zinnias at the Farmer’s Market, beautiful colors.
Have a Great Week!
As in the April A to Z Blogging challenge. What is this you ask? Blogging every day in April except Sundays. And to add a little somethin’ somethin’ the added challenge of blogging thematically from A to Z. (Really, I got it right from the website.)
I have decided to take a blogging leap and sign up for this challenge. Why am I doing this? I have no idea but hopefully on May first I will have an answer!
I am probably wrong but I believe this first blog post will be the most challenging for the simple fact that on April First I will be on my way home from a week in the Grand Canyon. I think the rest of the month is pretty much open (famous last words!).
I have already learned how to add an HTML widget to my sidebar. See the A to Z Badge on my sidebar? And if you are reading this the morning of 1 April that means I learned how to schedule a post. Thanks to this challenge I have already learned two new things.
Posting six days a week will be new. For the past few weeks it felt like I was constantly writing blog posts in my head. Having to come up with a letter specific topic will require even more brain activity. (I am glad Z is last.) I am excited to have the opportunity to explore some new blogs as well.
BTW: What is up with WordPress? I liked it when I hit Publish and it brought up a list of blogs with the same tags. Did I change something or did they? The thrill of being technology challenged.
Here is to April, one down, twenty-five letters/posts to go.
P.S. It didn’t post as scheduled so I guess I still have some learning to do!