I have been waffling about what to do with my blog. I know you are supposed to focus on one area, post on a regular schedule, blah blah blah. I have been an orderly rule follower my whole life and now in my dotage I have decided to be capricious. I have decided to post randomly about whatever I so desire. So there, take that world.
We start with a random Monday Joy List…
- I am glad I am not really in my dotage!
- Books, always. I am currently reading “The Great Alone” by Kristin Hannah. It is not an easy read emotionally, a very dark subject but I have hope for an uplifting ending.
- Our pool temperature is still quite warm, about 88° making swimming a pleasure each evening.
- Go CUBS Go! I really enjoy listening to the games on the radio and “treat” myself on Sundays to watching the game on tv.
- I am learning so much from my on-line writing class. Why didn’t I do this years ago?
- My son is going to a new school this year and they got a grant to set up a lunch program and for this year all the kids get to eat for free. Not having to make a lunch everyday…priceless. Apparently there is such a thing as a free lunch. (Of course next year it will probably cost a fortune but I won’t think about that today.)
- I reorganized and gave my office a good cleaning. I am spending a lot of time in here these days.
- I swapped out my wax scents. Just a little thing but it brings me joy.
- I have been buying little bouquets of zinnias at the Farmer’s Market, beautiful colors.